Friday 1 April 2011

God's Foolishness

Today is April Fool Day. I had a wonderful reflection on this day about a biblical verse which I like and cherish the most.

God’s foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and God’s weakness is stronger than human strength. (1Cor 1:25)

On 1st April 2011 around 1.00 p.m. after having one hour spiritual sharing with Rev Fr R V Mathias with the intention of getting his guidance and advice, the final statement uttered by him still lingers in my mind.  He said,   “Rationality is the best weapon that can safeguard and makes triumphant one’s ego, that is ‘I’ which is not the true self. The True Self is the Divine Self which often shines gloriously in every self outside the framework of logicality. One’s purpose of living does not start from one’s ego but one’s purpose of living always proceeds from God himself which human persons fail to understand.”

On parting from him, lastly I said to him about the thing that I was reflecting these days. I was supposed to join the staff picnic to Sri Lanka from 30th March till 3rd April. Therefore I applied for my visa to Malta (to go on 12th April) much in advance one month earlier with the hope of receiving my passport in time to go to Sri Lanka. But I do not know, whether fortunately or unfortunately, I did not receive my passport even by 29th of March 2011. Then I said to myself, may be it is God’s Will that I should not go and He has better things for me in these four days. On 30th March 2011, I saw Rev Fr R V Mathias who had come to Sacred Heart Major Seminary to preach retreat to the seminarians. From that moment onwards, something was telling to my inner spirit that I should meet him personally and get his guidance about my priestly journey. I fixed an appointment with him on this day and spoke to him for an hour. It was really God inspired experience and sharing. I was enlightened on certain matters. Now I said to myself, this is God’s best plan that had to give up the trip to Sri Lanka in order that I may experience the Divine Will for me through the person of Rev Fr R V Mathias.

5 comments:

  1. I agree to this ....Several incidents go unnoticed but when u truly believe that He who created us will always have something better than what we plan for our self..We will have a happy life.Always thank him for each and everything good and bad whatever we receive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anjali Vijay for partaking with me in dwelling upon HIS mystery

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this father....I read this at the most needed time....it is giving me some confidence....my trust in God will never die and He has the BEST in store for me. I pray that I share my blessings with everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Maria, for your sharing. There are no coincidences in our lives. Every little incidence is ordained by Divine will but we fail to see this because we keep our nose too close to the ground of perceived reality, which is unreal.
    Look forward to your sharing. Lots of love from me and Magi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jne for your acknowledgement,
    Thanks Tiburtius for your deeper insights

    ReplyDelete